Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
* 500g cooked beetroot, drained
* 1 tbsp Italian extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
* 400g pre-cooked puy lentils, drained and rinsed
* 4 tbsp honey and mustard vinaigrette
* 55g rocket
* 55g watercress, washed and tough stems removed
* 100g goat’s cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cut each beetroot into four wedges. Place in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and vinegar, and season. Roast for 10 minutes, stirring after five minutes, until the beetroot wedges are warmed through.
2. Tip the lentils into a bowl, add the warm beetroot then spoon over the vinaigrette dressing. Mix well.
3. Divide the rocket and watercress between four plates and arrange the lentils and beetroot on top. Crumble the cheese over and serve immediately.
Wearing disposable vinyl gloves when preparing beetroot will prevent your hands from staining red.
Recipe provided by
More than 5,000 recipes can be downloaded from Waitrose.com