Preparation 5 minutes
Cooking 25 minutes
* 3 medium aubergines
* 400g feta cheese, drained and crumbled
* a small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish
* 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* salt and ground black pepper
1. Prepare a barbecue. Cook the aubergines for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred and soft. Remove from the barbecue and cut in half lengthways.
2. Carefully scoop the aubergine flesh into a bowl, reserving the skins. Mash the flesh roughly with a fork.
3. Stir the feta cheese into the mashed aubergine with the chopped coriander and olive oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
4. Spoon the aubergine and feta mixture back into the skins and return to the barbecue for five minutes to warm through. Serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.
Be careful when scraping out the aubergine flesh, otherwise you might cut through the skin with the spoon, leaving a hole through which the filling could fall.
More recipes from Best Ever 30-Minute Cookbook
Best Ever 30-Minute Cookbook by Jenni Fleetwood, published by Lorenz Books, £12.99.