Easy | Serves 4 | 2 of 5-a-day, vitamin c | Preparation 20 minutes | Cook 30 minutes | Low fat | Super healthy
* 1 large onion, halved
* 4 tbsp dry (fino) sherry
* 1kg butternut squash peeled, deseeded and chopped
* 600ml hot vegetable stock (we like Marigold)
* seed bread croûton and flat leaf parsley
* 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes until softened. Add the sherry and squash and sizzle for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the stock, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the squash is tender when pierced with a knife.
2. Whizz in a food processor until smooth. Will keep in the fridge for 2 days, or freeze for 6 weeks. When ready to eat, reheat until bubbling and serve in small portions topped with seed-bread croûtons and a parsley sprig.