*3 large yellow or red peppers, or a mixture
*250g fresh white breadcrumbs
*1 tablespoon salted capers, desalted
*1 tablespoon finely chopped pitted black olives
*3 large tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely diced
*1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
*2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
*4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and finely chopped
*125ml extra virgin olive oil
*salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas 4).
2. Cut the peppers in half from top to bottom and discard the seeds.
3. Soak the breadcrumbs in enough water to cover, then squeeze out the excess water.
4. Mix the breadcrumbs with the capers, olives, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, anchovies and half the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Divide the stuffing between the pepper halves.
6. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until you see the edges of the peppers browning and a crisp crust building on top.
More from Vegetables:
Vegetables by Antonio Carluccio (Quadrille, £25) Photography: Laura Edwards.