As part of the Mayor's Story of London Festival, Ahead of their Time is an event celebrating the groundbreaking ideas, inventions, works of art and music of some of London's most famous residents and will look at the ways their innovations helped shape the capital's future.
Enjoy a glass of wine while the experts tell the stories of Benjamin Franklin House in Charing Cross, Burgh House and the Freud Museum in Hampstead, Dr Johnson's House off Fleet Street, 7 Hammersmith Terrace - home to Sir Emery Walker from 1903-1933, Handel House Museum in Mayfair, and the William Morris Society at Kelmscott House in Hammersmith.
Ahead of their Time: Tuesday 5 October, 6-9pm at Benjamin Franklin House, 36 Craven Street, London WC2N 5NF. Tickets cost £5 each. Call 020 7839 2006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Benjamin Franklin House: benjaminfranklinhouse.org.
* Burgh House and Hampstead Museum: burghhouse.org.uk.
* 7 Hammersmith Terrace: emerywalker.org.uk.
* Freud Museum: freud.org.uk.
* Handel House Museum handelhouse.org.
* Dr Johnson's House: drjohnsonshouse.org.
* Kelmscott House: williammorrissociety.org.